Pawland is committed to providing a top-notch online experience for our entire community. We have incorporated accessibility friendly features for all types of users including ones with disability.
Accessibility – Conformance
Becoming and remaining accessible is a constant and ongoing process. Pawland has committed to achieving and maintaining compliance with the Level AA success criteria of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0 AA).
As of Mar 1, 2023, Pawland is substantially conformant with WCAG 2.0. Substantial conformance means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Here are some of the features we are addressing to make sure that our website is accessible to as many users as possible:
- Site Structure: Titles, labels, and heading elements help users navigate our site.
- Keyboard Access: Our content is intended to be fully accessible with a keyboard.
- Text Equivalents: Alternative text for appropriate images and non-text visual elements.
- Color Use: Text’s contrast with its background makes it legible for all users.
- Content Accessibility: Text, video, and other content is designed to be understandable by all users.
Accessibility – Assessment
Pawland website is designed and developed with the WCAG guidelines in mind. We test our website to ensure that it is usable by members with assistive devices. Assessment methods include:
- Internal assessment using automated tools and manual evaluation
- External audits provided by third-party experts
- Manual testing of new features on popular pages to guard against regression
- Feedback from users like you (see more on this in the Feedback section below!)
Accessibility – Known Issues
- Video playback: Where Pawland provides video content, the default video player provided by our video host does not provide an audio-only track, and does not conform to WAI accessibility standards. We are actively looking for an alternative player which is conformant.
- Keyboard access: Not all pages are fully accessible to users who interact with the page using only a keyboard. We are actively remediating these issues, and intend to be fully keyboard-accessible on major pages by July 2023.
- Internet Explorer: The focus outline on some elements will not display correctly in Internet Explorer 11. We recommend using the most recent version of a browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.
Accessibility of our website relies on the following technologies for conformance to accessibility standards:
These technologies are required in order for our website to work correctly with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive applications or plugins installed on your device.
We recommend using the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari.
We recommend the following browser and screen reader pairings:
- Chrome and JAWS
- Firefox and NVDA
- Chrome and Talkback (for Android devices)
- Safari and VoiceOver (for iOS and macOS devices)
Feedback on Accessibility
If you have any questions or would like to report an issue relating to the accessibility of this website, please contact us via the chatbot or Whatsapp bot on our website.
If you have difficulty booking pet care or using our website because of a disability, please contact us via the Whatsapp bot on our website.